Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type - Permanent
- Location - Waterloo
- Job Ref - CE43/099
Managing Quantity Surveyor, London, Infrastructure
Osborne is one of the leading construction businesses in the UK with Investors in People Gold status. As a family-owned business, we have the freedom and flexibility to take a different approach. We focus on creating structures and spaces that provide an environment for people to thrive in and solutions for our customers that provide a better experience during the creation. From rail to road, housing to healthcare, however large the project or contract, we know that it is always personal to the people who use it and those that are responsible for it.
Due to on-going demand in our Infrastructure business we are currently recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to be site based covering London and immediate areas. Reporting into the Commercial Lead this role will be responsible for carrying out financial and contractual administration on assigned contracts in accordance with Osborne Procedures, to keep costs, income and cash flow within established targets and to optimise cash flow.
Some of the key responsibilities for the Managing Quantity Surveyor role will include:
* Set profitability targets with the team, develop procurement strategy, and regularly produce financial progress reports
* Timely procurement, negotiation, and administration of subcontracts in accordance with procurement strategy
* Secure the best possible (value and timing) payments from the client in order to maximise cash flow
* Ensure that payments are applied for and received in accordance with the contract
* Make sure that the client is always aware of our financial and commercial expectations
* Ensure that all necessary insurances, bonds, guarantees etc are in place. Ensure the timely release of bonds and retention monies
* Monitor progress against programme (including subcontractors) in support of the site management
* Undertake preparation and agreement of internal and external valuation/final account to ensure recovery of full entitlement in accordance with the contract
* Participate in regular risk reviews and problem solving
* Ensure timely compliance with contractual obligations and provide advice and guidance to the team as necessary
* Participate in all necessary dialogue to make sure that our commercial interests are always properly considered
* Influence and contribute in resolution of all disputes that have a commercial impact
* With a keen eye for detail, you will ensure that all aspects of your role are delivered efficiently and to a high standard.
If this sounds a lot like you and your approach to your work is the same as ours, we would love to hear from you. If we end up working together, we will give you a great environment to work in with real opportunities for you to shine, deliver great work and develop your career, whatever stage it`s at, as well as a great rewards package that gives you security and recognises your contribution.
Due to the nature of the work that Osborne are involved in, additional criminal record checks maybe required to carry out particular roles. This will be clarified during the interview process.
Osborne is an equal opportunities employer.Apply for Job