Osborne Supports ‘Born To Build’ Campaign
With A Level results due out today, Osborne is supporting the UKCG, along with its partners, in launching the ‘Born to Build’ campaign.
The UKCG is the primary association for contractors and their supply chain partner, operating in the UK. ’Born to Build’ is primarily targeted at young people between the ages of 14 and 19, but also proves beneficial for their teachers and mentors. .
It aims to provide careers guidance as well as an opportunity to discover more about the wide range of careers that can be undertaken within the construction industry. Furthermore, it offers the opportunity for young people to hear directly from those working in the construction of their experiences.
Part of UKCG’s wider Open Doors Weekend initiative, the ‘Born To Build’ campaign is designed to be different, both in style and delivery, in order to appeal to young people and get the attention of those who would not necessarily consider a career in construction. Osborne is supporting the five key messages for the ‘Born To Build’ campaign. These are:
1. Construction is a big industry, employing 10% of the UK working population, and is looking to recruit a further 185,000 people over the next five years.
2. Construction is a dynamic exciting industry at the forefront of technological innovation and sustainability.
3. There are lots of opportunities in construction for both males and females, of all backgrounds, with both academic qualifications and practical skills.
4. Careers in construction are rewarding and varied. The industry pays well and there are good opportunities for progression and foreign travel.
5. People who work in construction create and shape the spaces we live in, helping to transform local communities and our everyday lives.
Find out more at: www.borntobuild.org.uk.