Men’s Health Week
Men’s Health Week runs every year in the week before Father’s Day.
From the 10th to 16th June 2019 Men’s Health Week, this year will focus on men’s health by numbers.
One man in five dies before he is old enough to retire. Together, by knowing our numbers, we can change this statistic.
Key Numbers for Men
• 37 – A waist size of 37 inches or above puts
you at increased of heart disease, diabetes
• 150 – Men should aim for 150 minutes of
moderate physical activity a week.
• 5 – We should aim to eat 5 portions of fruit
and vegetables a day.
• 14 – Maximum 14 units of alcohol a week.
• 10 – Cigarette smokers die 10 years younger
on average than non-smokers.
• 120/80 – Normal blood pressure.
• 75 – Three out of four suicides are by men.
Visit the Men’s Health Forum website. There is so much information including a selection of posters to raise awareness. https://www.menshealthforum.org.uk/