Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility
We are committed to an open and honest way of doing business. Our responsibility to our people, the community and the environment is put into action on every project, every day. As a family owned business, we are able to take a long term view and our approach to sustainability is driven by our values. We want to be a good corporate citizen. Not just because it is good business sense but because it is the right thing to do.
We manage our approach in four different areas: marketplace, workplace, environment and community.
We are always seeking to improve our technical solutions as well as the customer service we give. To do this we need to understand our customer markets, requirements and pressures. We constantly assess and review our systems and skills as we strive for excellence.
- Quality Management systems accredited to ISO 9001 for 10 years
- Members of the Institute of Customer Service, Winner of NICE Best Application of Technology Award at UK Customer Satisfaction Awards 2013.
- Average score for Considerate Contractors Scheme 38.22 (industry average 35.24)
- Introduced Improvement Opportunities scheme in 2012 to encourage employees and supply chain to share ideas to make our business more efficient.
Whatever we do, we do through our people. We’re proud of our diverse workforce that represent the communities we work within. Developing their skills and abilities and providing them with opportunities to thrive is the cornerstone of our success This means investing in them and developing their talents, making it clear about what is expected of them and giving them the right tools, equipment, encouragement and recognition to give them the opportunity to do what they do best, every day.
- Member of Investors in People
- Achieved RoSPA Presidents Award in 2014
- Our Annual Chairmans Awards recognises and celebrates success across Osborne
- Average of 2.2 formal training days per employee and a development day for people to volunteer with a organisation of their choise
Every aspect of a construction business can have an impact on the environment we work hard to minimise ours. As well as helping our clients to produce more sustainable projects, we are always aware of the impact our work has on the environment. We strive hard to minimise this wherever possible. We work actively with the industry through UKCG, CECA and Rag to improve industry performance as well as our own.
- BS EN ISO140001 accreditation for 10 years.
- 97% waste from sites is now recycled or reused.
- Our subsidiary, Innovare Systems delivers innovative energy and fuel efficient buildings using its i-SIP insulated panel system.
- We have a three way partnership between Ascham Homes, Osborne and British Gas, Ascham Energy Partnership, which will improve energy efficiency for residents, in turn lowering their utility bills.
- The London School of Economics, Saw Swee Hock building achieved BREEAM Outstanding the first tertiary education building to achieve the standard in the UK.
The importance we place on partnerships extends to the local communities in which we work. Ever since Osborne was founded we have always been involved in local communities, supporting the employment of local people and businesses, sponsorships, university education awards and direct donations.
- Awards for students on construction-related courses at the universities of Birmingham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Greenwich and Imperial College London, and Chichester College
- Work in partnership with organisations such as the Rainbow Project; Ready2Work with Affinity Sutton and LDX with Ascham Homes; to help young people get into employment.
- Our site Employment and Skills Plans capture our commitment to local employment and apprenticeships.
- Support local community initiatives from fundraising, to employment workshops and volunteering at local events.