“Five Cycleways designed and three constructed in just 3 months”
- A500 Etruria Widening Cycleway
- A38 Uttoxeter Road, Mickleover, Derby
- Brackensdale Ave, Mackworth, Derby
- Derwent Valley Heritage Cycleway Trust
- A61 Toucan Crossing, Derby
All road users must have a safe, reliable, and efficient road network and cyclists are an integral part of that road user community. As cyclist numbers are projected to increase in response to the global pandemic and the threat from climate change, it is vital that high quality, physically separated cycle routes are available.
The Department for Transport’s Designated Fund finances cycleways but the challenge for Highways England is to deliver the schemes efficiently alongside their wider project’s investment programme.