We believe in doing business openly, honestly and with integrity. Every day, and through every project, we renew our commitment to our people, the community and the environment. We recognise that we need to be a sustainable business. For us, there is no conflict between being a successful business and an exemplary corporate citizen.
There are three strands to our sustainability commitment: People, Planet and Profit.
“Osborne’s support is brilliant. It means we can go above and beyond what we would otherwise be able to do. It is also important for students to see how corporations can give back to the communities in which they operate.”
Catherine Mitchell, Winchester Hub
Whatever we achieve, we do it through our people. Developing their skills and abilities and providing them with opportunities to thrive is the cornerstone of our success We’re proud of our diverse workforce that represents the communities we work within. We invest in our people, develop their talents, give them clear expectations and ensure they have the tools, equipment, encouragement and recognition to work to the best of their ability, every day.
- RoSPA Order of Distinction for organisations that achieve a minimum of 15 consecutive Gold Awards.
- Stop Think! cultural programme includes our supply partners and customers.
- Silver Award Winners in the Mind Wellbeing Index
- 94 people equating to 10% of our workforce are Mental Health First Aid trained.
- Our Annual Chairman’s Awards recognises and celebrates the success of our people and supply partners.
- 3,138 training days across 109 courses.
- 10% of workforce are apprentices and graduate trainees.
- Annual Development Day for our people to volunteer with an organisation.
Every aspect of a construction business can have an impact on the environment. We work hard to help our clients deliver more sustainable projects and strive to minimise our environmental impact – taking opportunities to enhance habitats and the natural environment wherever possible. We work actively with the industry through Build UK, UK Green Building Council, CECA, BRE and RIAG to improve industry performance as well as our own.
- BS EN ISO140001 accreditation.
- Working with the Carbon Trust to reduce our carbon footprint
- ESOS audit taking place in autumn 2019
- 97% waste from sites is diverted from landfill.
- Our subsidiary, Innovare Systems delivers innovative energy and fuel efficient buildings using its i-SIP insulated panel system.
- Environmental KPI’s to support our Sustainability Strategy.
- BRE’s Smartwaste used to record all site environmental impacts.
- Have an environmentally exemplar site on the M25 (Gade Valley).
To be a sustainable business we need to be profitable. We recognise that our customers face similar pressures so we aim to deliver exceptional value through every project. We do this through innovation, better technical solutions, improved customer service and a focus on customers’ markets, ambitions and challenges. We constantly assess and review our systems and skills as we strive for excellence.
- Quality Management systems accredited to ISO 9001 for 10 years.
- Award winning members of the Institute of Customer Service.
- Improvement Opportunities App encourages our employees and supply chain to share ideas to make our business more efficient.